Model of the CDS 1 2018 Review: The Public Service Commission of the Union reviews the combined defense services in two stages: written examination and interview. The CDS 1 2017 exam model was overseen by UPSC to select candidates for admission to IMA, INA, Officers’
Academy of Formation and Air Force Academy.
The CDS review model will help candidates to know the details of the question model, the number of questions, the syllabus, the marking program, the length of the exam, and so on. Under CDS 1 2017, the CDS written examination will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode.
The written exam will be conducted on subjects – Elementary Mathematics, English and General Knowledge. Each CDS 1 written exam will be completed for 2 hours. The written exam for admission to IMA, INA and AFA will be held for 300 points. However, the total marks for admission to the Academy of Officer Training will be 200 points.
Candidates will be declared successful in the written examination will be detailed for the test of intelligence and personality to the jury selection of the services according to their preference for the respective HO service. Candidates who appear for the January 2017 CDS exam can then check information on SSB tests, the number of questions in the test booklet, review mode, distribution of questions, types of questions and other details.
Review Figure CDS
(A) Written exam
(B) Maintenance of intelligence test and personality
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject are illustrated in the table below:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy
|English||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
The highlight of the written exam
• CDS 2018 remain in offline mode.
• To be admitted to the Indian Military Academy, the Naval Academy and the Indian Air Force Academy, the written test will be conducted by 300 points. However, for admission to the officers of the Academy of Formation, the written test will be conducted by 200 points.
• Each section consists of 120 questions.
• For each incorrect answer mark 1/3 (0.33) will be deducted from the total score.
• For each correct answer in English and general knowledge, applicants will receive 0.83 points assigned for questions. However, candidates will have 1 points for each correct answer on the primary mathematics section.
• The maximum marks assigned to the written test and an interview will be the same for each course.
• Work on all topics will be only target type.
• There will be 3 subjects in the written exam: English, general knowledge and elementary math for admission to the Indian Military Academy, the Naval Academy in India and the Air Force Academy. Candidates for admission to Training Academy agents will be tested in two sections – General Knowledge and English.
• Each paper will keep for 2 hours.
• Candidates must write documents in their own hands. Under no circumstances have they allowed using a scribe to write answers for them.
• The Board has the discretion to set ratings on some or all of the review topics.
• Candidates are not allowed to use the calculator to answer Objective-type documents (Test Books).