Continued from CSR-MBA, January 2016
Directions (Qs. 18 & 19): Read the following sets of four sentences and arrange them in the most logical sequence to form a meaningful and coherent paragraph.
- Doubts linger about Facebook’s ability to be a business. Financial markets had also cratered since the Microsoft deal.
- Big, as that is, it’s considerably less than the $15 billion valuation that Microsoft and Li Ka-shing accepted in October 2007.
- Milner’s confidence that Facebook will eventually be profitable at a gigantic scale is what emboldened him to invest initially at a price that valued die company at $ 10 billion.
- But Milner’s enthusiasm is such that not only did he buy stock from Facebook, he will also be spending as much as $300 million more buying stock from employees and outside investors.
- I, II, III, IV
- I, IV, II, III
- Ill, II, I, IV
- Ill, IV, II, I
- No light, no sound comes in from the world.
- My violin misses him more than I do. I tune it, and we enter my soundproof cell.
- Electrons along copper, horsehair across acrylic create my only impressions of sense.
- I have not played Schubert for more than a month.
- I, II, III, IV
- II, III, I, IV
- Ill, I, IV, II
- IV, II, I, III
- Which of the following words is spelled correctly ?
- Which of the following options has both words spelled correctly ?
- Recieve, Deceive
- Perceive, Believe
SECTION – 1 (PART-2)
- Decieve, Perceive
- Receive, Believe
Directions (Qs. 22 & 23): Fill in the
blanks with the most appropriate option.
- Kapoor hovered around the
patient in a display of great______ .
- Whenever she asked the doctor how long she had left to live, he would dive off into long-winded explanations about the uncertainties inherent in medicine, and eventually tail off as if he had forgotten her original question altogether; it was the worst form of she’d ever come across.
Directions (Qs. 24 & 25): For the underlined part of the given sentence, choose the option that is grammatically correct, effective and reduces ambiguity and redundancy.
- Many of the workers currently deployed on the assembly line, hope for the exchanging of their routine jobs for new assignments that are interesting.
- for the exchanging of their routine jobs for new assignments that are interesting
- for exchanging routine jobs for new assignments that will interest them
- to exchange their routine jobs for new assignments that will be new and interesting
- to exchange their routine jobs for new and interesting assignments
- Saundarya’s Skin Nourishing cream sold 5 lakh packs last quarter, 20% more than their Face Wash did and nearly five times as much as their Anti-Ageing cream sales.
- their Face Wash did and nearly five times as much as their Anti-Ageing cream sales
- their Face Wash sold and nearly five times as much as Anti-Ageing cream sales
- their Face Wash and nearly five times more than their Anti-Ageing cream